Written by Administrator
Strategy in Video Poker is important. With the right strategy you can make this game pay for the player, even lowering the house edge so much as to push it in your favour in Deuces Wild video poker.
Deuces Wild Strategy
The easiest rule to remember for this in Deuces Wild is never to discard a deuce. This is because a deuce can substitute for any other card in the deck so is very useful for making up poker hands.
Other tips for Deuces Wild:
- Never keep 2 pair. Doing so eliminates the possibility of getting 4 of a kind.
- Always keep a pair over a 4 card flush or straight draw.
- Only play on a machine that offers a payout of at least 5 for 1 for 4 of a kind.
4 of a kind hands are quite common in Deuces Wild and make up about one third of payouts. This is why it is important to find a machine offering good odds on this hand.
Jacks or Better Strategy
When you play Jacks or Better video poker:
- When you are dealt a paying hand right off the bat, do not discard any cards unless you have 4 cards toward making a royal flush.
- Always hold any 3 cards toward making a royal flush.
- Hold any low pair, even if it doesn't pay - it will help you make other hands.
- Hold any two cards of 10 or higher.
- Always hold any 3 cards toward making a straight flush.
- Hold any single cards as long as they are 10 or higher.
- Draw five new cards if you don't get any of the above.
Other tips for Jacks or Better video poker:
- Never keep a kicker
- Always keep four cards to a straight or flush draw (but not if you only have three)
- Never keep an inside straight draw
- Always keep a full house
Video Poker Overview
Video Poker Rules